Terms & Conditions
All cakes/treats made by The Nutty Cow are subject to the following terms and conditions. Please read before signing.
1. Sponge cakes are made to be eaten on the day of the celebration. Keeping them for longer than 3 days before consuming may affect the freshness and quality of the cake.
2. If there are circumstances that may occur to cause a delay in the cake being eaten, please contact The Nutty Cow for advice on appropriate storage. Sugar paste (fondant) is not designed to be refrigerated and as such cakes with icing should be stored in a cool dry place, preferably in the box they were supplied in, as refrigeration may cause colours to run.
3. Wires and other construction materials may have been used in the construction of the cake, it is your responsibility, to remove before consuming.
4. You acknowledge that fresh flowers are not food products, and may contain pesticides or other contaminants.
5. If you or your representative elect to pick up and setup the cake, you will assume all liability and responsibility for the condition for the cake once it leaves The Nutty Cows possession.
6. We reserve the right to use photographs for display or promotions without compensation to you at any time.
7. We always strive to use the best quality ingredients and the most suitable mediums for the pieces produced.
8. Our products may contain the following - soy, nuts, wheat, and other allergens but will come into contact with no dairy products. You agree to notify your guest of this risk and not hold us responsible for allergic reactions.
9. All of our products are suitable for vegans but can be consumed by anyone. They will not be gluten free unless otherwise stated.
10. Alcohol may be used in some cakes or decoration techniques unless otherwise stated by you the customer.
11. Other special dietary requirements may be accommodated, but this will need to be discussed at the time of ordering.
12. The performance of this agreement is contingent on the ability of The Nutty Cow to complete the agreements and is subject to causes beyond our control.
13. Celebration cakes can be ordered for collection up to 10 days before you event but more time is better. There is no upper limit on how far ahead you can book a date even if you are not sure on the design.
14. 3 months notices is the min required on wedding cakes but we will try and accommodate everyone.
15. Any cakes ordered from a picture or photo of a cake produced by any other cake maker, can only be reproduced by The Nutty Cow as our interpretation of that cake in the picture or photo.
16. Design changes after an order has been placed may incur an addition fee.
17. We require a reservation fee to secure the date in our diary to produce your cake. This is taken on placement of you order for all cakes/treats. This is deducted from the final balance payable.
18. Reservation fees are non-refundable and non-transferable.
19. Celebration cakes 50% of the order value. Wedding cakes £200.
Final Balance Payments
20. Celebration cakes need to be paid in full 1 week before delivery/collection unless by special arrangement. Wedding cakes need 50% of the remaining balance 3 months prior to the date of the celebration and the final balance 1 month before the celebration.
21. Cakes will be delivered and set up subject to availability, any arrangements for delivery may be subject to change, however prior notice will be given where possible.
22. Cakes are to be collected from The Nutty Cow at a prearranged time and date only.
23. We are not responsible for any damage to the cake/treats after setup is complete. You are responsible for providing an appropriate and secure area for the cakes/treat, they can be very heavy. An optimal room temperature of 20 degree or below is best.
24. If you or your representative elect to pick up and setup your cakes/treats you will assume all liability and responsibility for the conditions for the cakes/treats once they leave The Nutty Cow premises.
25. Deposits are non-refundable and non-transferable. Full payments of the cake balance is required if cancellation is within 1 month of the wedding date. 50% of the cake balance is required if cancellation is within 3 to 1 month of the wedding date.
26. All cancellations must be submitted in writing by registered post and it is the responsibility of you the customer to ensure receipt of the cancellation. On receipt of the cancellation date, these amounts must be paid within 7 days of confirmation letter.
27. Outstanding balances due, will be perused.
28. Please note cakes/treats with sponge tiers may not be completed until the day to/or the day of the celebration to ensure the cakes/treats are as fresh as possible.
29. Any refunds given for disputes regarding cakes/treats design or production of design are completely at the discretion of The Nutty Cow and are not automatic.
30. Full refunds will never be given for any cakes/treats which have been consumed regardless of dispute, as consumption of the cakes/treats is viewed as your acceptance that the cakes/treats is adequate for the purpose for which it has been supplied.
31. All cakes delivered to venues are photographed from different angles to show the cakes/treats quality on delivery, we do not accept any responsibility to loss or damage to the cakes/treats or items with the cakes/treats such as knives, decorations and stands. Once the cakes/treats have been delivered to a venue or collected from The Nutty Cow premises, or for loss, damage or non-delivery under unavoidable or exceptional circumstances. This in no way affects your statutory rights.
32. Payment methods include Bank Transfers, Cash and Cheques.